Aguelzim mountain is located above the Azzaden valley and offers stunning views over the Atlas summit. Due to the elevation, the trek is considered one of the hardest, but also one of the most beautiful.
- Grade: C
- Duration: 3 days
- Destination: Imlil
- Accommodation: Refuge
- Note: From November till April this trek requires crampons and ice-
After your transfer from Marrakech to Imlil (1,780m), you will set off an a 6 hour trek out of the Imlil Valley and into the Azzadene Valley. Along the way you will pass Tizi N’Mzik at 2,450m, the refuge at Azib n’Tansoult and the Ighouliden waterfalls. Overnight in the Lipeney mountain refuge at 3,000m ( or before at Azib n Tamsoult).
Today involves a fairly stiff climb out of the Azzadene Valley to the Toubkal Refuge over the Aguelzim Mountain pass at 3,560m. Lunch will be taken with spectacular views over the Atlas Mountain Range. Overnight in the Toubkal Refuge (Niltner Hut) where you’ll likely be sharing a bunk room with other trekkers tackling Toubkal early the next morning.
Up early for the climb up Toubkal (4,167m) from where, clouds allowing, you’ll have wonderful views over the Atlas Range and the Sahara Desert then a long way back down past the refuge and the well-
- English speaking guide and cook
- Muleteers and mules for luggage
- All the meals during the trek + mineral water, coffee and tea
- Comfortable accommodation
- Excursion with local guide
- Transportation from and to Marrakech
- Travel insurance
- Soft drinks
- Tips and personal expanses